Wishing all my blog visitors a very happy christmas and new year!!
Saturday, December 17, 2011
Today a parcel dropped through my letter box, and boy did it ever make my day!!
A few weeks ago I won a blog prize on Nancy Burke's blog.
If you haven't visited Nancy's blog before then I suggest you spend some time over there-you're in for a real treat!!
Nancy was doing a series of tutorials making autumn tags, and gorgeous they were too.
They can be found here.
When I opened the box I found these beautifully wrapped parcels. It seemed a shame to open them.
But when I did, this is what I found:
How gorgeous is that
little big lot!!
Distress inks, glimmer mist, fantastic vintage ephemera, doilies, tags, leaves, flowers, buttons, metal embellishments-I can't believe how lucky I am!! I am going to make something special with this lot!
I love, love, love everything in this package!!
Nancy, thank you so much-you are so generous!
Sunday, December 11, 2011
I thought for this post I would just post my favourite layouts from this year:
The top two are a couple I did for THE SCRAPBOOK MAGAZINE about laying on embellishments to help make a dent in your stash.
This one was about using rub ons:
This one was for no reason except having fun:
And so was this:
Another for THE SCRAPBOOK MAGAZINE
The f=one that got me back into scrpping after a long holiday:
another for SCRAPAGOGO with the focus on using rubons creatively:
And another just because:
I'd love you to leave a comment to tell me which is your favourite!
Wednesday, December 07, 2011
...and lessons learned..
On the weekend I made a layout, the first I've done for a while that wasn't for a DT or magazine assignment. One where I chose all the elements, and got to play around a bit without worrying if it was good enough for public viewing. It was a very quick layout, not counting drying times, and it was looking good until I made two mistakes.
The first mistake was not knowing when to stop. I recently bought the Prima chicken wire stamp I used on the page, and have definitely over used it here. I have managed to cover up too much of the masking, and really didn't need to stamp over so much of the page.
The second mistake was stamping with Stazon ink on top of the circle rub on in the centre of the page. As you can see the rub on came off when I lifted the stamp. As a result I have one very distressed rub on, which was not the look I was after!
But not to worry, a memory is captured and I enjoyed playing around with different techniques.