Wednesday, January 27, 2016

DLP 2016

The Documented Life Project for 2016 goes by the subtitle-The Unplanner. Basically a planner format is used, but participants are encouraged to adapt the format to suit their own needs. In general I'm not much of a planner but I do have an ARC planner by Staples that I use for work and I love it. The Arc system has a spine of discs, which allows you to assemble the pages any which way, and to move them about. I love that flexibility.

So I decided to use that system for my 2016 Documented Life 'Unplanner'. All the elements of my planner are hand made. The cover is made from chipboard covered in gelli printed papers, with washi tape to reinforce the holes.



The back cover, more gelliprinting: 


The planner has monthly dividers and I also have a 'to do' list which can be moved along each week:



The planner has weekly pages where I can record little bits and pieces to help me remember my year. Every month we are given a monthly theme. This month the theme was "Going out on a limb, trying something new". I did an art work based on this theme on the back of my January divider. This is a collage with paints, inks and stamping:


Each week we are also given an Pocket Art Card (PAC) challenge. These are done on small cards and kept in plastic pockets. I repurposed some 12x12 Project Life page protectors for the cards, and have placed them back to back in the pockets. One challenge was to use the number 16 and another was to use a quote and cover all except one word:


And here the prompts were to use words cut from a magazine, and to use a receipt. My floral card does have a receipt under the drawings of flowers, but I got carried away with the paint and forgot to leave some of the receipt exposed.


I'm really enjoyed doing this mini sized art cards. They can be completed so quickly, and could become ideas for larger pieces of art should I get the urge to explore further.

1 comment:

Flutterbies and Heffalumps said...

This is fantastic Pam. I love the gelli printing. I've never tried it but love the effects!